- Are there admission fees at Schedel Gardens?
Yes. Please click on Hours/Admission under the Visitor Info tab for details.
- What are the hours of operation for April?
10:00 am-4:00 pm Tuesday-Friday
- When do the regular season hours begin?
Beginning May 1st hours are 10:00 am-4:00 pm Tuesday-Saturday, Sunday Noon-4:00 pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Are picnic lunches or other food permitted on the grounds?
No, but there are several nearby parks for you to do so.
- When is the best time of year to visit?
Every month has something unique to offer however, the peak of the season is normally July. The gardeners are hard at work to make each visit a beautiful one.
- Are pets allowed?
Unfortunately, pets are not permitted on the grounds.
- Is there a gift shop at Schedel Gardens?
Yes, the “Garden Argosy” gift shop opens in May. It is located in the manor house.
- Does Schedel Gardens offer plants for sale?
Yes, starting May 1. Assorted divided perennials and trees (Japanese Zelkova, Dawn Redwoods, & Bald Cypress) will be available. Items for sale will vary throughtout the season. Surplus annuals, cannas & pepper plants are normally available end of May.
- When are the peonies & iris in bloom?
Normally, the end of May or early June however, mother nature determines that. Check the website for updates.
- What are the top two annuals for this season at the gardens?
Nemesia, small white blooms, with a delightful scent & alternanthera “red thread”, with its compact shrub-like growth is always a hit!
- Are there any opportunities to come to the gardens in the evening?
Yes, “Evening Guided Tours” the first Thursday of every month (starting in June). Registration required. See calendar for more details.
- Are the gardens handicapped accessible?
There are many areas easily reached with a wheelchair or scooter however, much of the gardens reflect a natural beauty. Golf cart transportation is available for the handicapped or elderly. There is a fee for the golf cart and advance notice is required. The Brown Welcome Center is fully handicapped accessible including men’s and women’s restrooms.